Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Skort Report

Curiosity got the best of me and I ordered one of those dang running skorts. This one to be exact... in "moonstone". Who doesn't want to feel cute and sassy on their runs? Actually, I'm not sure I care all that much, but I did want to try it out. I decided to give it a whirl today during my run. I make no apologies for running on the treddy, it's too hot out... and, as has previously been established, I am that precious.

So the skort has these little 'bloomers' underneath that don't cover much of anything. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing such things on their own, but concealed beneath the skort, I though, "Maybe I can live with it." I put it on last night after work while unpacking from Indy - just to see if I liked it, or if it needed to be sent back. I felt like I should be on my way to the Country Club to meet the girls for tennis, tea & sympathy. But it was comfy enough to warrant ripping the tags off in preparation for this mornings trial run. Pun intended.

As noted above, it was a treddy day. This was my first run... and my first workout of any kind... since returning from Indiana. I won't lie, I was dragging a little. Did the initial warm up mile at 9:30 pace.. then (as per Ian's suggestion) did a bit of an iFartlek, though I did my own variation. All in all I did 5.75 in 51 and a half minutes... so not too bad for me. Usually I play around a bit more with the incline, but I left it pretty flat today since I was dragging a bit as it was.

You're curious to know how the skort fared, aren't you? I have to say... not bad. I think I kind of liked it. The little bloomers did ride up a bit, but not to the point where I felt like I had to readjust them during the run. No chaffing, so that's always a good thing. Still felt like I should have a racket in my hand, but hopefully that feeling will pass. So I'll give the skort a tentative thumbs up - three and a half cheetahs, if you will.

No comments: