Friday, July 6, 2007

NRG

Energy can come in many forms and express itself in a variety of fashions. While visiting with friends in Indiana, I am learning that the kind of energy it takes to keep up with a three year old and one year old is quite different than the energy required to run six miles or more.

Today was a treadmill workout, which was kind of nifty since the treddies had built in fans, which was cool (literally). I was able to squeeze in a little over six miles while the Shepard family cooled off at the pool at their local YMCA - which was the most badass Y I have ever seen. They had a family locker room, a men's locker room, a boy's locker room, a women's locker room, and a girl's locker room. I'm not kidding. The pool/water park at this place was unreal. I won't go into the details, but trust me, this wasn't the Village People's YMCA.

Anyway, the run went well.... though my gut was definitely aware of the extra goodies my midwest friends have plied me with. But I felt really good otherwise with the run. I forget the time, especially since I stopped my workout in the middle to **ahem** address some GI issues. Today was supposed to be a 'track' workout, but I kind of forgot about that until after the run... but that was fine. Hey... I'm on vacation and I am just proud to have gotten in a good run. We shall see what happens on Sunday.

No comments: