Friday, July 20, 2007

Eeyore

This morning I was pleasantly surprised to discover that some of the unrelenting heat and humidity have, well..... relented. It was still warmer than I'd prefer, but the jungle feel to the air was thankfully absent. So off to the track I went. Yes, I still hate and dread it. It's no longer a novelty.

In no mood to mess around, I skipped the usual 200s that I normally do. Today I just did 4 x 400s with 200 recovery intervals. I felt slow today and still not entirely comfy with the 400 distance, though I think I'm getting there. Went down like so: 1:55, 1:54, 1:53, 1:51. I wasn't very happy, but that kind of mirrors my mood of late.

Overall, 5.25 miles in 47:30.

Sunday promises a run with Amy - I'm hoping that will help lift me out of the running funk I've been in lately.

No comments: