Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Acme Loop - Delco Style

Did an Acme loop this morning, but in the reverse order that I might normally run it. Doing so gave me some hills to contend with early on in the run. As I'm (sort of) gearing up for Allentown, I'm going to make it a point to do some hills at least once a week.

My energy level this morning was good - much better than last Friday... probably has something to do with the fact that I haven't done much of anything since then. My calves were giving me agida for pretty much the entire run. I stopped to stretch them right around the two mile mark and that helped a little. It was just one of those days where my footfalls were loud. I don't know if this will make any sense to anyone else, but when my calves are tight, I run louder.

Most of my run this morning was in the dark, which I didn't really like - but added to the adventure. Still, it's nice to have it be lighter later in the day and it's a sure sign that spring is on the way.

5.25 in 46:33

No comments: