Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Memory Hole

This is a term I've become increasingly familiar with over the past year and a half. It refers to things that were quite recently in the conscious mind that somehow disappear without a trace. I can't attribute it to old age, or absentminded-professorness, but it does happen every now and then. Today it happened with the timing of my run. Not a biggie... but I'm usually pretty good at remembering such things.

I ran at the gym today - mainly because I hate wind and because I wanted to do some weights. As I mentioned a few blogs back, the hip pain I used to have in my right hip, seems to have migrated to my left hip. So I'm trying to be extra proactive about it and do the PT stretching and strengthening exercises that seemed to do the trick before.

Ran for a mile and a half at just under 9 minute pace. My calves were tight, so I stopped and stretched for a good three minutes. Started back and ran the next mile in 8:45 and then the miles got progressively faster from there (though not much), but the details are lost, as is my final time. My calves felt pretty good after stretching and easing back into the run.

5.5 - time down the memory hole.

No comments: