Sunday, March 2, 2008

Nag, nag, nag

I'm sick of catching flack from Seebo for not updating my blog.... so here goes. Big whoop.... I ran the loop yesterday. Ok... I won't reduce it to simply that. I met up with the Philly Runners crew and managed to actually run with a group of nice folks (usually I wind up running solo) for at least seven of the eight and a half miles. I was glad for the company and conversation, though it can be kind of tough to do the whole get-to-know-ya thang when you're battling a rough headwind up West River Drive.

I'm debating whether or not to go upstairs to see if I have my final time on my watch because, honestly, I don't remember it. I can say that most miles were somewhere around 8:40 pace... which I was sort of okay with. I managed to eek out an 8:17 mile somewhere around the 7th mile - but that was with some tailwind and a concerted effort. Still, it was nice to see.

The best thing about this run was that my calves behaved themselves and, overall, the aches and pains were at a minimum. Cooling down and stretching, I noticed a bit of the old hip pain - though this time in my left hip instead of my right. I'm not worried yet. Maybe I'll employ some of my old PT tricks on it to see if I can head it off at the pass.

I really need to get my butt in gear for Allentown. Eight weeks and counting and right now my long runs are at a kind of pathetic eight and a half to nine miles. Next weekend I'll shoot for ten to ten and a half. If I put it in writing (which I just did), hopefully it will happen.

I'll get back to you on the time.... maybe.

Congratualtions to Seebo and Wesner for running a spectacular 10k today.

No comments: